CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
"Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars." -Henry Van Dyke

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Musings and Observations

Yesterday was all about feet for me... this morning, my mother treated me to a wonderful pedicure at this salon that runs along one of the rivers in Eagle (just outside of Boise). From there, we went shopping, mainly to peruse and see what could be found, and I found 8 pairs of shoes. The story behind this one is that, my mom and I went to the Kohl's just outside Eagle, Meridian and Boise and she got me three pairs of shoes that I've been "needing" (as in, my everyday shoes were being worn out and needed replacing and my dress flats don't exactly fit, so yeah...). Then we went home and did some stuff and then went to Costco and thereafter, to the Kohl's in Nampa. The intention was just to look for my mom and see what we could find, but I ended up finding 5 pairs of shoes for no more than $6 as the most expensive pair. Amazing... I bought these, since my mom bought what I needed and these were beyond that... All that aside, I won't be needing shoes for a while... :)

***

Since I have been listening to the radio again, it has come to my attention (once again) that the radio stations play the same songs over and over. It's rather irritating. But then I thought, 'I love listening to Death Cab for Cutie, and it never gets old, no matter how many times I play the album.' This led to me realizing that I am beginning to grow weary of music that is unoriginal in melody, lyrical value and the like. Who should I give credit for doing that to me? Many of people I suppose. Now the next step is finding other music to listen to...

***

People confuse the heck out of me. They are so complex, which can be a blessing and a curse, for many of different reasons. This makes things very difficult to figure out...

***

'Dead Poets Society' is a phenominal movie. It hit on a lot of the things I had been thinking about for the past couple of weeks/months. Loved every moment of it...

***

There are many days where I wish we would all speak more eloquently and lyrically, with the use of good vocabulary. The romantic idealist inside would love to escape into one of the world's that Jane Austen or Alexandre Dumas had created through their writings. Perhaps this is why I enjoy watching and reading 'Pride and Prejudice', 'Sense and Sensiblity', 'Count of Monte Cristo', and others among them.

*deep sigh*

Too bad it can only be a dream inside of me...

***

That is all for one evening...

0 insights: